Online purchasing and daily shipments have become a way of life for many people. You enjoy the benefit of having items dropped right at your main entry, but there is a disadvantage. Those boxes sitting in the open are invitations to potential burglars. Porch piracy has become a significant problem, but you are able to do something about it by installing a home security system with a doorbell doorbell. These components are effective tools to deter porch pirates, but they give you a lot more.
Take a minute to see how they work and why they’ll likely become an essential facet of your smart home.
Advantages of a Louisville video doorbell
Manufactured in wireless and wired options, video doorbells offer a range of sophisticated features, and the technology keeps improving. You can now set up detection zones, speak to whoever’s at your door, and obtain immediate notifications whenever a package is delivered.
The easiest way to find out how a Louisville video doorbell camera works is to delve into the many benefits it can provide. Consider the following features:
- Active crime deterrents: You won’t get this on every model, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that take an active role in discouraging burglary with audible and visual warnings. This is a fantastic way to let prowlers know someone is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You need to see the whole picture, and that should include the faces of people at your entry and boxes on the surface below. Options with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision give you a complete perspective.
- Crystal-clear footage at any hour: What’s the point of implementing a doorbell camera if the images are grainy and difficult to see? The best models will give you incredible night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Delivery alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package is dropped off? You are able to receive immediate notifications from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between visitors and boxes.
- Talk to whoever’s at your door: Is a person waiting at your door? Reciprocal audio lets you find out why they’re there. You could even utilize this beneficial feature to scare off people hanging around your porch.
- Avoid false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to configure your own detection zones. Restricting the space to be monitored will let you reduce false alarms brought about by pedestrians or pets.
- Instant access to footage: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home offers you the chance to see current and saved video right from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like you’ve never been before, as you may engage with them from the palm of your hand, no matter your location. They’ll inform you when someone arrives, give you a sightline into what’s occurring, and even let you talk with whoever’s at your door. They’ve become must-haves in terms of protection and convenience.