How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Louisville smart home
At the center of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into one united system. This intuitive, 7-inch color interface puts you in total control of your Louisville home’s security and automation. See how it can benefit you and find suggestions to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Louisville benefit you?
Connecting wirelessly to components with radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your home. You may arm or disarm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When incorporating a video doorbell, you can even talk to someone standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub has a backup battery and built-in cellular connectivity for enhanced reliability. It also offers complete remote operation with the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the tasks you can perform:
- View real-time or recorded footage from all connected cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Modify your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Louisville by programming schedules or creating preferences. For example, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a certain time. Or, you can set rules like having your doors unlock whenever the smoke alarm trips.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll have to know how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s straightforward - just follow these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will remain in the home and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be leaving, and each sensor in the home will engage.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
You’ll observe a warning if something is preventing the system from arming. For instance, an open door will cue you to take action. Keep in mind that you may still arm the security system by adhering to the steps above. You will then have to verify that you want to circumvent the sensor in question.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Louisville
Despite the fact that various users can be set up during the initial installation, you will probably want to add or remove a user in the future. Here are steps to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right-hand side of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” type in the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote access, tap phone or email and submit the information to dispatch an invite.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, navigate to the menu, touch users, select the user you want to remove, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take command of your home’s security and automation via an intuitive touchscreen console? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Louisville security system. Dial (502) 483-0778 to learn more.