Ways to cut down on false alarms in Louisville
False alarms can be a real issue for home security systems. Not only can they be a pain to resolve, but they may lower the faith you have in your alarms. Fortunately, you are able to do a few things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your Louisville sensors and alarms.
To begin, make sure that your devices set up correctly. This process may sound like a no-brainer, but it’s common that basic miscues result in false alarms. Next, watch out for potential sources of false alarms, like a back door that may be left ajar inadvertently. And finally, feel free to use the extra features like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Louisville.
Is it really that straightforward? Read on and discover for yourself.
Can you avoid false alarms in Louisville?
Just like you would address any concern, the best course of action is to read the manual. Make sure all your components are connected appropriately on your end by:
- Running a diagnostic with your touchscreen smart hub.
- Visually evaluate each sensor to be certain it didn't become dislodged or need a new battery.
- Inspect your scheduling to make sure that your home’s security isn’t activating at inopportune times.
- Make sure all new smart implements are incorporated properly and aren't conflicting with your alarms.
Call your customer service representative if you still have issues cutting down false alarms in your Louisville security system. They'll be pleased to send out a tehnician to check your setup.
Check your windows and doors
If your system appears to be OK, the subsequent measure is to do an investigation of your residence. Are all your windows and doors closed tightly, or do you find some mistakenly cracked? If an entry point stays open, it might trip an activated sensor. If your family routinely fails to shut a door, you could install a smart lock that locks automatically when your system is activated. Sadly, windows require additional physical effort, mainly if you have a family member who likes to rest with a cracked window. Fortunately, your Vivint alarm system makes it simple to turn off that sensor while protecting the rest of the residence.
Home automation is an effective way to cut down on false alarms in Louisville
One of the most effective techniques to reduce the likelihood of false alarms is to include automation into your security system. When utilizing your mobile security app, you can:
- Program a schedule to disengage the alarm when you are home and prevent false alarms that result from accidentally opening an entry point. You can then program the alarm to automatically set again that evening as you prepare for bed.
- Have your system deactivate as your smart locking mechanism is triggered with the right code.
- Set geotracking to arm your system when you leave the driveway, then turn off when you arrive home for the day.
- Receive smartphone updates when your devices notice unusual movements or require a new battery.
- Link your home security to Alexa or Google Home, so you may turn your system on or off without the smartphone app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Louisville with a Vivint smart home installation
Greater control over your home security means less chance of false alarms. To build your Vivint home security system, contact (502) 483-0778 or send in the following form.